The Kharg Island crude oil processing facilities are located within Iranian territorial waters of the Persian Gulf.The facilities consist of crude oil / gas / water separation units, sweetening (Sulphur removal)units, RVP stabilization units, desalting units and associated utilities.
Oil and gas are produced in the Kharg district by Aboozar and Foroozan offshore production complexes and Dorood near shore & onshore wells.
There are four existing onshore oil processing facilities including Aboozar, Foroozan, Dorood-1 and Dorood-2 which are considered as part of the project.
Various options are investigated during the Conceptual Engineering phase, with regard to improving the Aboozar offshore complex produced water and solids management systems.
Techno-economical conceptual studies are carried out for different options to evaluate expected performance so that a decision could be made regarding which option would best meet the future production quality and HSE challenges.
The complete Basic Engineering and EPC tender documents are prepared based on the selected option of the conceptual study.
- - Project goals and policies:
- - Minimizing the water content of the offshore outlet crude oil.
- - Designing a complete sand management system.
- - Minimizing operation and maintenance costs.
- - HSE latest standards compliancy.
- - Project Stages:
- - Site survey and data gathering.
- - Conceptual Engineering.
- - Basic Design Engineering.
- - EPC tender package preparation
Consultant: Hirgan Energy Engineering and GSA (UK)
Client: Iranian Offshore Oil Company (IOOC)